What is the cost of gay surrogacy in Argentina?
For a gay couple, it is still challenging to become legal parents in many countries but not in Argentina. Argentina is one of the countries that have made it easy for homosexual couples to enjoy the phase of parenthood. In the year 2012, Argentina recognized a gay couple as legal parents to a child. Since this Latin American country has given the right to homosexual couples to become parents, many gay couples started to show interest in surrogacy treatment in Argentina. If you are one of them who are looking to take a step ahead with your partner then knowing the cost of gay surrogacy in Argentina might help you in taking a step further.
For homosexual couples or specifically if we talk about gay couples, Surrogacy is the only option to have a biological child. There are some countries where surrogacy for gay couples is prohibited. Some don’t have any law to regulate surrogacy and some do it illegally by doing some tricks which could be risky for a gay couple. However, in Argentina, there is no such thing to be worried about. Argentina is the first Latin American country to recognize gays as parents through surrogacy, in few words; Argentina is a homosexual-friendly country.
Gay surrogacy is costlier than surrogacy for heterosexual couples and can be hectic a bit; however, Select IVF guides you and helps you to make the process easy and smooth in such a way that you and your partner can immerse yourself in the joyous journey. Further in this article, you will read about the reasons that make gay surrogacy in Argentina costlier than heterosexual couple’s surrogacy, the procedure of gay surrogacy in Argentina, and cost of gay surrogacy in Argentina, and where you can get the best surrogacy treatment in Argentina.
What is surrogacy?
Surrogacy is a procedure where a female partner couldn’t carry a pregnancy because of some reason, so another woman agrees to carry the pregnancy for the couple. She lends her womb to them and the couple pays for all the medical expenses, her accommodation expenses, medications, and fee as a token of gratitude (in compensating method). The woman who lends her womb is called a surrogate or gestational carrier. Usually, a surrogate is a young, healthy, and fertile woman. Through IVF, a fertility expert transfers an embryo made with fertilizing the intended father’s sperm and intended mother’s egg into the surrogate’s uterus.
What are the types of surrogacy?
Surrogacy is of two types; traditional and gestational. Now there are only a few countries where the traditional method of surrogacy is still practiced, majorly the gestational method of surrogacy is practiced by countries.
Traditional surrogacy: In this method of surrogacy, the egg which is fertilized with the intended father’s sperm is of a surrogate. Because the egg used is of a surrogate, she shares her DNA with the child. In the traditional method, the egg is fertilized through artificial insemination.
Gestational surrogacy: In this method of surrogacy, the egg which is fertilized with sperm is of the intended mother or donor. The surrogate doesn’t share DNA with the child as the ovum used in the treatment is not hers.
Note: In many countries only the gestational method of surrogacy is legal.
What is surrogacy for gay?
Unlike heterosexual couples, same-sex couples (male) have two intended fathers and no intended mother. Due to this, they have to take the help of a donor egg for the embryo formation rest the procedure is similar to surrogacy for heterosexual couples.
What is the procedure of gay surrogacy in Argentina?
Surrogacy has open doors for individuals and couples looking for a way to have a biological child despite severe infertility. This method of assisted conception has even made it possible for gay couples to have a biological kid. Let’s understand briefly the procedure of surrogacy in Argentina.
1. Choose a gestational carrier or surrogate through an agency or ask your hospital whether they have tie-ups with a surrogate agency or surrogates.
2. Once the surrogate is finalized, then it’s time to make a legal contract where all the important points will be mentioned by you regarding surrogacy and then it will send to the surrogate to review it. Once both parties agree, both will sign the contract. The contract could be made with the help of a lawyer.
3. After completing the legal formalities, it is time for IVF. Let’s understand briefly the IVF process. IVF consists of five major steps – Ovarian stimulation, egg retrieval, sperm retrieval/collection, fertilization, and embryo transfer. But in the case of gay surrogacy, in the place of egg retrieval, donor egg will be used, and the rest of the process will be similar.
- Donor egg: The couple chooses the donor egg according to their preference. They can mention the qualities they want and the donor egg agency will provide them the donor egg of the couple’s choice.
- Sperm collection: After selecting the donor egg, one of the fathers will give the sperm sample for the next step which is fertilization.
- Fertilization: The donor egg and sperm of the intended father will be combined in a lab for fertilizing the egg. After few days when an embryo is formed then the doctor will fix a day for the embryo transfer process.
- Embryo transfer: After fertilization, an ideal embryo is transferred or placed into the uterus of a surrogate or gestational carrier through a small surgery that will not take more than 40 minutes.
4. After few days of embryo transfer, the expert will ask the surrogate to come to the clinic for the pregnancy test. Once the pregnancy is confirmed, and then starts the journey with a fruitful end.
5. As per the agreement, after nine months of pregnancy, when the baby will be born, the surrogate will hand over the baby to the intended parents.
What are the methods of payment in surrogacy?
In the gestational method of surrogacy, there are two methods of payment; one is compensating method and another is the altruistic.
Compensate method: In this mode of payment, along with the treatment expenses, medicine expenditure, food, and accommodation payment, a pre-decided amount is also paid to the surrogate as a fee. The surrogate in compensates method is unknown to the intended parents. They meet her for the first time during the beginning of treatment.
Altruistic method: In the altruistic method, the intended parents don’t pay money to the surrogate as a fee. The surrogate in the altruistic method is relative or friend to the intended parents. With her will, she agrees to carry the pregnancy for her friends or relatives.
👇👇👇 Want Get Pregnant at any Age? Feel Free to Book Appointment 👇👇👇
What is the cost of gay surrogacy in Argentina?
Select IVF is one of the leading surrogacy centers which have helped thousands of couples and individuals with infertility. With the help of treatment provided by select IVF, now they are happy parents to a cute and healthy child. You can also become one of them. You can book an appointment or ask for details on +91- 9899293903.